Publication of the updated Annex I to Regulation 2021/821: Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2023/66 of 21 October 2022 amending Regulation (EU) 2021/821 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the list of dual-use items
On 11 January 2023, it has been published on the Official Journal of the EU the updated version of Annex I to EU Dual-Use Regulation (also known as EU Dual-Use Control List): Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2023/66 of 21 October 2022 amending Regulation (EU) 2021/821 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the list of dual-use items.
By virtue of its article 2, the Commission Delegated Regulation enters into force on the day following that of its publication in the Official Journal of the EU.
The list of dual-use items set out in Annex I to Regulation (EU) 2021/821 is regularly updated in order to ensure full compliance with international security obligations, to guarantee transparency, and to maintain the competitiveness of economic operators, reflecting the changes adopted by the international non-proliferation regimes and export control arrangements.
The main new amendments concern new entries in the field of:
- electronics (Electronic Computer-Aided Design used in the design process of Gate-All-Around Field-Effect Transistor, certain frequency synthesisers and signal generators), semiconductors (gallium oxide and diamond) and computers (new threshold: 70 TeraFLOPS);
- chemical and biological sector, including software specially designed for nucleic acid assemblers and synthesisers;
- aerospace and propulsion, adding sub-orbital crafts and certain technology for the manufacturing of gas turbines (pressure gain combustion) stands out, along with a modification on additive manufacturing equipment designed for “superalloys”.
Addition of technical notes as:
- local definition for “resolution” and “superalloys”;
- new technical note for “direct-acting hydraulic pressing”;
- new nota bene regarding gas turbine engines;
- definition of GAAFET.
Please find the document in the below button.